Paying for your Autopac
There are many payment options available. You can pay your whole amount due up front or pay in smaller instalments throughout the year.
Ways to pay
- online with VISA or MasterCard (see list of qualifying payments)
- online or by telephone through your financial institution
- in person, with cash, cheque, debit, VISA or MasterCard wherever Autopac is sold
- Full payment. Paying your full amount due at an Autopac agent is your most economical option. There are no interest or service charges and you can pay by cash, cheque, debit, VISA or MasterCard. Make your full payment in person at your Autopac agent or Service Centre, online through mpi.mb.ca, or through your financial institution.
- Four-payment plan. Customers with annual or multi-year policies have the option of making four payments. You can pay in person at an Autopac agent or Service Centre by cash, cheque, money order, debit or credit card, online at mpi.mb.ca by credit card, or through your financial institution. You also have the option of leaving post-dated cheques for each four-payment instalment. Click here to learn more about the four-payment plan.
- 12 pre-authorized payments give you the opportunity to spread out the cost of your premium to 12 automatic payments throughout the year. To set up pre-authorized payments from your bank account, please visit an Autopac agent or MPI Service Centre. You’ll need to bring one of these two things with you: an encoded void cheque or a statement or passbook for your account (or a photocopy of either). Click here to learn more about the set-up process.
- Earlybird renewals are a convenient way for Manitobans who travel outside the province for extended periods and may be away when it’s time to renew to not miss a payment. An Autopac agent can help you make special arrangements to be sure that your Autopac coverage continues while you’re away.
Paying for motorcycle, snowmobile and ORV coverage
You can pay for your motorcycle, snowmobile and off-road vehicle (ORV) coverage in full with cash, cheque, debit, VISA or MasterCard when you apply. You have the option of deferring the insurance portion of your payment until the start of the riding season, and you can also finance your premiums by paying monthly during the season of use.
Riding seasons for snowmobiles, motorcycles, ORVs and ATVs are:
Snowmobiles: Dec. 1 to Mar. 31
Motorcycles and ORVs: May 1 to Sept. 30
ATVs: Jan. 1 to Dec. 31
If you choose to defer paying your premium until the start of the riding season, you can pay in person at an Autopac agent, with VISA or MasterCard at mpi.mb.ca, or online or by telephone through your financial institution.
Please remember: a delay of a few business days may occur from the time you make an online or telephone payment to when we receive it. You’ll need to make your payment early enough to ensure we get it on time.
Interest, penalties and other costs
- Interest charges and an administrative fee are built into your pre-authorized monthly payments. The interest depends on current rates and the total amount being financed, which is your insurance premium plus your vehicle registration fee. The total interest and the $4 annual administration fee (per policy, per year) are divided evenly over all your payments.
- NSF charges. We will charge you a $20 penalty for each cheque we can’t cash. This includes NSF cheques, unsigned cheques and incorrectly dated cheques.
- Late payments. A penalty of $20 (on each insured vehicle) will apply for every late payment under the four-payment plan, and for each defaulted instalment under the 12-payment plan. Payments due on a Sunday or a statutory holiday can be paid on the next business day without penalty.
- Missing a payment may lead to your registration and insurance being suspended. Serious consequences can result from driving a vehicle with suspended registration and insurance. You're responsible for paying all of your instalments on time. Click here for more about the penalties associated with missing a payment.
Click here for more information about online and electronic payment options.