Reporting a non-collision claim

On this page
Sur cette page

If you need to report damages to vehicle glass (including glass-only vandalism), click here for instructions on how to start your claim.

If your vehicle has been damaged as a result of a non-collision (including hail damage) and involves more than glass damage, use our online claim reporting form or call us to open your claim:

  • in Winnipeg: 204-985–7000
  • outside Winnipeg (and outside Manitoba): toll-free1-800-665-2410

When reporting your claim to MPI, you’ll need this information:

  • your vehicle registration
  • the details about how and where the damage occurred
  • the details about anyone who may have been involved (not applicable for hail claims)
  • information about any witnesses (not applicable for hail claims)

If the damages sustained to your vehicle involved any of the following things, you must also report it to the police:

  • Theft or Attempted Theft
  • Partial Theft
  • Vandalism

It is ideal to call the police prior to opening your claim so that you can provide your police report number to our representative. If this is not possible, you may call back at a later time to add the report number to your claim.

Our representative will discuss your options for a damage estimate. If your vehicle is not drivable as a result of the damage, see our information on towing.