Direct Repair and Direct Repair Plus
Direct Repair enables customers with eligible claims to proceed directly to a participating repair shop for a vehicle damage estimate after reporting the claim to MPI, instead of attending an MPI Service or Claim Centre. Direct Repair streamlines the repair process and can save time by eliminating the need to visit MPI for the first vehicle damage estimate.
There are two levels of Direct Repair:
- Direct Repair: Participating repair shops are authorized to perform first estimates on a limited number of eligible claims, in addition to being able to repair damage on qualified vehicles.
- Direct Repair Plus: Participating repair shops are authorized to perform first estimates on a broader range eligible claims, in addition to being able to repair damage on qualified vehicles.
Only certain claims are eligible for Direct Repair or Direct Repair Plus and not all repair shops can perform vehicle damage estimates. Your estimate options will be discussed with you when you report your claim.
If your claim is eligible and you agree to participate in Direct Repair or Direct Repair Plus:
- You can select a shop online using the Find an Accredited Repair Shop search tool. Be sure to enter your assigned claim number to ensure your search turns up only shops that are qualified to do the first vehicle damage estimate on your vehicle.
- Call the shop to set up an appointment for an estimate. Let them know whether you are participating in Direct Repair or Direct Repair Plus and provide them with your claim number and licence plate number.
If you change your mind about participating in Direct Repair or Direct Repair Plus after your claim has been registered, call us.
- If you first told us you didn’t want to participate and now want an estimate at a participating shop, we’ll need to update your claim before you can proceed.
- If you first told us you wanted to participate but now prefer to visit a Service or Claim Centre instead, we’ll book you an appointment for your estimate.
In addition to locating Direct Repair and Direct Repair Plus shops for eligible claims, the search tool can also be used for all claims to find an accredited repair shop that is qualified to repair your specific vehicle. It is important to take your vehicle to an MPI accredited shop for repair. Accredited shops meet repair standards and have the right tooling, equipment and training to complete proper and safe repairs.