Manitoba Public Insurance is encouraging vehicle owners to inspect their extension and block-heater cords after several recent vehicle fires have been linked to electrical arcing.
A cracked extension cord, or block heater cord with a corroded plug, can result in "electrical arcing" which can quickly spark a fire. The majority of these fires take place in winter.
During bitterly cold winter temperatures, Manitobans will plug in their vehicles to heat various engine fluids (anti-freeze/oil), allowing for easier starting. Extension cords which are cracked or have exposed wires should be replaced. Corrosion can be caused by exposure to moisture, dirt and road salts. With personal safety in mind, people are advised not to plug in their vehicles within a garage or any other enclosed structure.
Please help us improve our website by answering the following questions about your experience:
Nous vous prions de bien vouloir nous aider à améliorer notre site Web en répondant aux questions suivantes sur votre expérience:
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Your feedback will be used to make future improvements.
Merci d’avoir pris le temps de nous faire part de vos pensées! Vos commentaires seront utilisés pour apporter des améliorations futures.