Travelling in Mexico

While your vehicle is in Mexico, your Autopac coverage is invalid.

If you use your vehicle in Mexico for longer than 14 days, we’ll refund your Autopac premium for the period beyond 14 days.

To get your refund, you’ll need to prove when your vehicle entered Mexico and when it left.

You'll need these documents:

  • A Vehicle Importation/Tourist Card and a Foreign Insurance Certificate, and
  • A copy of your Exit Visa or your stamped passport.

With these documents, please apply for your refund at our Customer Service Centre, 234 Donald Street (Cityplace), or by mail:

Manitoba Public Insurance
Box 6300
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 4A4