In a Collision While Travelling Outside Manitoba?

If you have an accident while travelling outside Manitoba, there are some special steps you need to take since the other vehicle involved in the accident is probably registered and insured in another jurisdiction. Here's what to do:

1. Stay at the scene.

2. Don't discuss responsibility.

3. Call local police, and get a copy of their report if you can.

4. Obtain the:

  • names and addresses of drivers and vehicle owners
  • make/model/year of all vehicles involved
  • license plate numbers, along with province or state
  • other parties' insurers
  • names of any witnesses, their addresses, phone numbers, etc.
  • collision details (date, time, weather, positions of vehicles before and after the collision)

5. Take photos of any damage or skid marks.

6. Contact our Out-Of-Province Claims at 1-800-661-6051.

7. Keep all your bills and receipts for medical, repair or hospital services needed because of the accident. You must provide them to your Autopac adjuster to support your damage claim.