To qualify, you must:

  • be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Canadian Resident living in Manitoba
  • be 18 or older, if driving only in Canada
  • be 21 or older and meet medical requirements, if driving in the U.S.
  • have a valid Manitoba Class 1 Learner’s Licence
  • have a Commercial Driver’s Licence Abstract
  • have a Criminal Record Search
  • not qualify for other help with your tuition (such as from a government, disability or benefit plan)

What you must do to get your funding

  • Meet the conditions of the training program
  • Complete the program driving school training, on-the-job training and mentorship successfully
  • Complete all evaluations
  • Agree to drive for a trucking firm insured by Manitoba Public Insurance’s Special Risk Extension (SRE) department for two years, starting when you begin your on-the-job training (you will be asked to sign a contract)

You must repay all your tuition costs if…

  • You don’t complete the program or you otherwise fail to meet its requirements.