Students - How to apply
Read the instructions carefully to ensure your application is processed in a timely manner. Before submitting your application, refer to the application checklist to ensure you have enclosed all of the required documentation.
To apply, you’ll need:
- a Commercial Driver Record (abstract) within the last 60 days. Get yours from any Driver and Vehicle Licensing Service Outlet, or call 204-985-0980, or toll-free 1-866-323-0543 for further information.
- a Criminal Record Search within the last 60 days. Get yours from the Public Safety Building at 151 Princess Street in Winnipeg, or from any RCMP office.
- a valid Manitoba Class 1 Learner’s Licence. Find out how to get yours here, or by calling 204-985-7000 or 1-800-665-2410. Note: All applicants for a Class 1 driver’s licence must file a medical report approved by Driver and Vehicle Licensing before taking a written test.
- visit an Employment Manitoba Centre to determine your eligibility, obtain a referral letter and complete the truck driver aptitude assessment. Please bring your Manitoba driver’s license with you for identification purposes. Find out which Centre is closest to you by calling 1-866-332-5077, or visit the Employment Manitoba website.
How to apply
1. Fill out the application form.
- your original Commercial Driver Record (abstract)
- your original Criminal Record Search
- a photocopy of your Manitoba Class 1 Learner’s Licence
- your original referral letter from the Employment Manitoba Centre verifying your eligibility
3. Mail or deliver your application package in-person to:
Entry Level Professional Truck Driver
ATTN: Program Administrator
25 Bunting Street
Winnipeg, MB R2X 2P5
Ph: 204-632-6600 Toll Free: 1-866-820-1317
If you’re accepted…
You’ll need to confirm:
Then, you must:
- agree to work for a trucking firm insured by our Special Risk Extension Department for two years
- sign an indemnity agreement to reimburse MPI tuition paid on your behalf if you do not successfully complete the program