Motorcycle Extension Insurance

Most customers can purchase additional protection against all-perils and injury losses without requiring a separate policy.

Motorcycle extension provides you with a number of coverage choices. Some restrictions may apply. Special situations may require application through Special Risk Extension (SRE).

Ask an Autopac agent for details.

Increased third party liability

Basic third party liability coverage insures you up to $200,000, which is the minimum required by law in Manitoba and most other provinces. You can get optional Autopac coverage to increase your third party liability protection up to $10 million. For more information see Increased Third Party Liability Limits.

Reduced deductibles for comprehensive or collision coverage

For comprehensive coverage, which protects you from accidental losses including fire, theft or windstorm, you can choose a $200 or $500 deductible. With this coverage you do not have to pay the deductible if your motorcycle is stolen. If you have the $200 deductible, your deductible reduces to nil if your motorcycle is vandalized.

For collision coverage, you can keep your Basic $500 deductible or choose an optional $300, $200 or $100 deductible. The optional $300, $200 and $100 collision deductibles reduce to nil for collision with an animal.

You can buy comprehensive and collision coverage together or separately.

Other coverages

If your motorcycle is essential to your business or daily life, you should consider buying Extension Loss of Use coverage to make sure you’re never left without a vehicle.

If your motorcycle is worth more than $50,000 consider getting Excess Value Coverage.

New Vehicle Protection and Leased Vehicle Protection are available for new and late-model motorcycles.


I was in a collision with my motorcycle and my helmet was damaged. Is it covered?

Your helmet is mandated by law and is covered under your Basic Autopac. Any time a helmet has been involved in a collision it should be replaced for safety reasons.

I found my motorcycle lying on its side. It seems that someone may have kicked it, causing it to fall over. Do I have coverage for the damage?

If your motorcycle falls over for no apparent reason and hits the ground, this is a collision loss. You have coverage for this under your Basic Autopac. If it falls over because someone pushed it over, or the wind blows it over, you must have comprehensive coverage for these loss types. If you can’t prove how the loss happened, it will be considered collision.