How does the program work?
Manitoba Public Insurance is helping owners of Most-at-Risk vehicles by putting aside more than $50 million to pay for standard immobilizer installations. Financial assistance is available to other vehicles, too.
No Cost for Most-at-Risk vehicles
- You get a standard immobilizer and installation at no cost if your vehicle is on the list of Most-at-Risk vehicles.
- Manitoba Public Insurance pays the entire cost of the purchase and standard installation of an approved immobilizer.
- You are only responsible for additional costs, such as the extra time needed to work around an existing remote starter or additional key fobs. We can help you with that cost by providing interest-free financing for up to five years.
Assistance for other vehicles
- Even if you don’t own a Most-at-Risk vehicle, you can get an immobilizer for half the price.
- Manitoba Public Insurance will pay more than half the cost for an immobilizer and a standard installation.
- We’ll also provide five years of interest-free financing for the amount you pay towards a standard installation, and up to $400 in any additional costs associated with the installation.
Annual Premium Discount
Whether you own a Most-at-Risk vehicle or other vehicle, your Basic Autopac premium will be discounted if you install an approved aftermarket immobilizer. You’ll receive a discount as soon as the immobilizer is installed, and every year thereafter.
- The annual discount is $40 if you have a $500 deductible on your Autopac policy.
- The discount increases to $45 if you choose to purchase a $100, $200 or $300 optional deductible.
- These discounts also apply if you have an approved immobilizer installed as optional equipment at the factory or dealership.
- If you have a new vehicle with an immobilizer as standard equipment, the discount has already been built into your insurance premium.
- Your half of the installation cost, plus up to $400 in installation related costs can be financed through Manitoba Public Insurance at 0 per cent interest for a term of up to five years.
- Payments can be made over 12, 24, 36, 48 or 60 months.
- Monthly payments can be made by way of pre-authorized withdrawals from bank accounts or automatic monthly charges to MasterCard or Visa.
- Approval for financing is handled during your first phone call. An appointment with an installer will be booked during the same phone call.
- Only the vehicle’s registered owner can make these arrangements. When you call, please have the registration for the vehicle you wish to protect ready. You should also have the information you’ll need to arrange for payments through your bank account, MasterCard or Visa.
- The customer representative will send all the necessary documentation to the installer. Once the installation is completed, the installer will send an invoice to Manitoba Public Insurance. We then pay the installer the full cost of the installation and set up a loan for the customer for any amount over the rebate amount.
- You’ll be billed monthly according to the terms you’ve selected.