Before you ride
Follow this four-point safety procedure before you start your engine:
- Conduct a motorcycle safety check.
- Put on all your safety equipment.
- Mount the motorcycle from the left side, holding both handlegrips firmly. Keep the motorcycle upright with both feet on the ground for support.
- Move the motorcycle off its stand and be sure that the stand is secure and in an upright position.
- Sit in a position where your elbows are slightly bent when your hands are on the handle bars. Keep your back straight and lean slightly forward to reduce wind resistance.
- Hold the throttle with your wrist lowered, so you can easily reach the brake with your fingers.
- When moving, your feet should be level, firmly on the foot pegs and ready to use the foot controls at all times.
- Maintain slight pressure on the fuel tank with your knees.