Road Safety at Manitoba Public Insurance
Manitoba Public Insurance’s goal is to lead initiatives on education to increase opportunities for drivers to enhance their driving skills and to increase public concern regarding risky driving behaviour.
Our goals include:
- Having road safety become (and remain) a provincial priority for Manitobans as well as for decision-makers who have a mandate to enhance public safety.
- Reducing public tolerance for injuries and fatalities related to road transportation and promoting an environment where crashes will become (and remain) a significant public health concern.
- Ensuring that Manitobans become more safety conscious, and the organizations tasked with improving road safety will incorporate the principles of safety conscious planning into their programs, projects, initiatives, and campaigns.
Our strategy is to:
- Develop and manage education initiatives about the causes of accidents and how to prevent them.
- Support community-based initiatives that promote road safety awareness and education.
To achieve our goals, Road Safety focuses on the following major issues:
- Occupant safety
- Impaired driving
- Vulnerable road users
- Driver education
- Auto crime