If you're interested in what's happening with road safety in Manitoba, you've come to the right place.
In this section, you'll find out about the many ways we and our partners are working to make our roads safer for everyone who uses them – and that pretty much means all Manitobans.
Manitoba Public Insurance is committed to increasing public concern about risky driving behaviours and to providing more opportunities for Manitobans to enhance their driving skills.
- Having road safety become (and remain) a provincial priority for Manitobans as well as for decision-makers who have a mandate to enhance public safety.
- Reducing public tolerance for injuries and fatalities related to road transportation and promoting an environment where crashes will become (and remain) a significant public health concern.
- Ensuring that Manitobans become more safety conscious, and the organizations tasked with improving road safety will incorporate the principles of safety conscious planning into their programs, projects, initiatives, and campaigns.
To achieve our goals, we focus on the following major issues:
- Distracted driving
- Speed and intersection safety
- Impaired driving
- Vulnerable road users
- Occupant safety
- Develop and manage awareness and education initiatives about the causes of accidents and how to prevent them.
- Support community-based initiatives that promote road safety awareness and education.
- Work with stakeholders and partners, including enforcement agencies, to support their programs.
- Conduct and enhance research and analysis to better understand road safety issues and come up with solutions best suited to Manitoba.