Safety Tips for ATV Riders
- Never consume alcohol or use drugs while riding.
- Always be courteous to others.
- Always wear protective clothing.
- Always use an approved helmet.
- Never ride double.
- Ask permission before riding on someone else's property.
- Always read the instruction manual and follow the manufacturer's instructions for use, maintenance and pre-ride checks. In particular, your checklist must include the following:
- Tires and wheels - check air pressure, check tires for minor cuts, gouges etc.
- Lights and electrical system - ensure that headlights and taillights are working properly and all lights and switches are functioning well.
- Fluid levels - check oil levels, brake fluid levels etc.
- Check throttle cable, front and rear brakes and the chassis for any defect.
- An ATV handles differently from motorcycles and cars. Please learn the proper way of handling an ATV before using one. In Manitoba, you can obtain such training through Safety Services Manitoba. For further enquiries, please contact :
Safety Services Manitoba
3-1680 Notre Dame Ave.
For additional information on ATV Use and Rider Safety, please visit the following sites: