Supervising Driver Regulations
To operate a motor vehicle with a Class 5 Learner’s Licence, a supervising driver must be present.
Under the Drivers and Vehicles Act, to act as a supervising driver a person must meet the following criteria:
- Holds a valid Class 1F, 2F, 3F, 4F or 5F licence.
- Has held a Class 5F for at least three years.
- Is, besides the driver, the sole occupant of the front seat of the motor vehicle.
- Is at all times conscious and in a condition to lawfully assume operation of the motor vehicle.
- Has a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) not greater than .05.