Driver Education Program Certificate Requirements
To earn a Driver Education Certificate, you must meet the following requirements:
- Parent Meeting: One parent/guardian or supervising driver must attend the parent night meeting.
- Classroom Attendance: You must attend 34 hours of scheduled classroom instruction.
- Classroom Evaluation: You must maintain a 70 per cent classroom average and satisfactorily complete all classroom tests and assignments.
- In-Car Training: You must complete 16 hours of in-car lessons: eight hours behind the wheel and eight hours observation.
- In-Car Evaluation: A parent/guardian/supervising driver must sign an In-car Interim Report after Driving Lesson four. You must also successfully perform all skills and tasks on the In-Car Final Report by Lesson Eight to meet in-car standards.
- Home-Based Practice Log: You and your parent/guardian/supervising driver must log (and provide verification for) 24 hours of practice driving on the Home-Based Practice Log.
You will be issued a Driver Education Certificate when you receive your Class 5I (Intermediate) licence at any Autopac agent or Manitoba Public Insurance Service Centre (if you have successfully met all Driver Education Program requirements).