Removing your Purchase from the Compound
After payment, you must remove your purchase from the Winnipeg Compound.
Write-offs can't be registered or driven without the appropriate general safety (COI) and structural integrity inspections (BIIC). No exceptions!
Using a professional towing service to remove a vehicle is best. But if you'll be towing the vehicle yourself, you must comply with The Highway Traffic Act and The Drivers and Vehicles Act rules about towing.
Some General Rules for Participating in the Auction
- Bidders are responsible for making the auctioneer aware of their bids.
- Bidders are responsible for all salvage bought under their bid number.
- No smoking inside any of the buildings at the Compound.
Your Safety is Important to us
- Drive Slowly – watch for vehicle and pedestrians.
- Use Headlights and emergency flashers at all times to increase you vehicles visibility.
- Persons under the age of 18 must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Pedestrians – be aware of vehicle traffic at all times.
- Use extra caution when slippery conditions are present and be aware of uneven road surfaces.
- No climbing onto, under or on top of vehicles.
- No boosting or starting of salvage vehicles.
- Comply with all posted speed limits and other signage.
- Follow the instructions of security staff.
- Alcohol, drugs or intoxication on the premises is prohibited.
- Tow truck operators must wear Class 2 high visibility apparel and activate lights on tow trucks at all times.
- Towing salvage vehicles from the compound must comply with The Highway Traffic Act and The Drivers and Vehicles Act.
- Operating or driving salvage vehicles in the compound is strictly prohibited.
- Any illegal activity including theft, attempted theft, vandalism or tampering with vehicles, violence, threats or intimidation toward others will not be tolerated.
- Illicit buying or selling of salvage, or misrepresentation or fraud regarding any claim to Manitoba Public Insurance will lead to suspension of privileges to participate in the auction.