Out-of-Province Claims

If you have an accident while travelling outside Manitoba, there are some special steps you need to take since the other vehicle involved in the accident is probably registered and insured in another jurisdiction. Here's what to do:

1. Stay at the scene.

2. Don't discuss responsibility.

3. Call local police, and get a copy of their report if you can.

4. Obtain the:

  • names and addresses of drivers and vehicle owners
  • make/model/year of all vehicles involved
  • license plate numbers, along with province or state
  • other parties' insurance information, including the insurer and policy number
  • names of any witnesses, their addresses, phone numbers, etc.
  • collision details (date, time, weather, positions of vehicles before and after the collision)

5. Take photos of any damage or skid marks.

6. Call us toll free at 1-800-665-2410 to report your claim. Claims can be made Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

7. Keep all your bills and receipts for medical, repair or hospital services needed because of the accident. You must provide them to your Autopac adjuster to support your damage claim.

8. If your vehicle is not driveable, contact a local towing company to make arrangements, and ask where your vehicle will be located.

9. Review your policy to see if you are eligible to be reimbursed for the cost of a vehicle rental. See information on Loss of Use coverage, and note that coverage limits are in Canadian dollars.