Hit and Run Claim

When your vehicle has been involved in a hit and run collision you must report the incident to Manitoba Public Insurance as well as the local police authority. The procedure will vary depending on location.

Winnipeg Hit and Run Claims

Hit and run claims should be made directly to Manitoba Public Insurance by calling 204-985-7000, at which time a weekday appointment will be made for you at one of the following Manitoba Public Insurance locations:

  • 15 Barnes Street (at Bison Drive)
  • 40 Lexington Park (at Gateway Road)

If your vehicle has been taken to our Holding Compound for estimating, still call 204-985-7000.

All hit and run collisions are reportable to the Winnipeg Police Service.

Hit and Run Claims Outside Winnipeg

Hit and run collisions occurring outside Winnipeg still require reporting to local RCMP prior to making an Autopac claim. If you want us to handle your claim in Winnipeg, call the Contact Centre at 204-985-7000. If you would like your claim handled at one of our offices outside of Winnipeg, call our toll-free number 1-800-665-2410.