If you choose to appeal the outcome of your Autopac claim through the Liability Review process, your claim will be reviewed by an independent adjudicator who will provide an opinion on liability. If the adjudicator's opinion is more favourable we will change your liability assessment accordingly.
Here are a few things you need to know about the review process:
- You have 30 days from the date of the assessment letter to contact your adjuster and request a Liability Review.
- To proceed through a Liability Review, all parties involved in the collision must have valid coverage and be insured through Basic Autopac.
- The Liability Review fee is $50.
- An independent adjudicator will review your file and Liability Review form and provide an opinion on liability. (Be sure the form is filled out with everything you want the adjudicator to know since you will not speak to the adjudicator directly.)
- If the adjudicator changes responsibility so that you are less than 50 per cent responsible, your review fee will be reimbursed.
Please note: If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the Liability Review, you may appeal through Small Claims Court. However, the reverse is not possible. If you appealed through Small Claims Court first, you cannot then appeal through a Liability Review.