Bodily Injury & Fatalities

Salaried Employment

We include all these amounts as income from salaried employment:

  • wages or salary, including vacation pay
  • overtime
  • declared tips
  • commissions
  • bonuses
  • cash value of your personal use of a company vehicle
  • value of the employer's contribution to your pension plan
  • cash value of your share of a profit-sharing plan
  • other benefits that are part of your employment compensation package

For example:

  • employer contributions to a health plan
  • a reduced interest rate on a loan
  • the payment of professional fees
  • housing provided by your employer
  • remote location bonuses

Remember, PIPP replaces income that you lost because of injuries you sustained in the accident. For example, if your company continues to pay into your pension plan while you're off work, you won't receive income replacement for that portion of your income.

To establish your salaried employment income, we need a completed Employer's Verification of Earnings (EVE) form to pay you income replacement. Please ask your employer to complete the form and return it to us as quickly as possible. Your case manager can help you if you're having trouble getting the necessary employment income information.

We may also ask you for other documents to verify your employment income, especially if your employer fails to return a properly completed EVE form to us.