Mini Car Town
- Participants receive a safety lesson on the rules of the road for vehicles and pedestrians. They also learn to recognize traffic signs and then drive battery-powered, kid-sized cars through a mini streetscape.
- The six cars can seat two children each, as a driver and passenger.
- Children from ages four through seven.
- Children under the age of four are excluded as they have not developed sufficient hand/eye coordination to properly control the powered cars. Children older than seven are physically too large for the cars.
- To educate children about the rules of the road and basic traffic signs.
- At smaller venues, each session lasts about 20 minutes (five minute theory component, 10 to 15 minutes of in-car driving).
- Presentations at fairs and larger-scale activities are scheduled every 15 minutes with no more than six children driving at a time. Participation is on a first-come, first-served sign-up basis.
- Area/Surface: An outdoor area 90 feet x 90 feet (about the size of a basketball court) with a PAVED surface with NO GRAVEL OR STONES whatsoever is ideal. An indoor paved location or one with a hard floor (school gym, off-season hockey rink) is also sufficient.
- Weather: In case of rain, an indoor location as described above.
- Attendance: Minimum of 24 children.
- Other: A parent or adult supervisor MUST ACCOMPANY EACH CHILD throughout the course.
Bookings for Mini Car Towns resume on April 3, 2018.