Commercial Driver Record (Abstract)
A commercial driver abstract is available in Manitoba to help transportation companies evaluate the safe driving history of current or potential employees. This initiative, developed in consultation with the Manitoba trucking industry, enables the industry to manage their respective carrier safety fitness rating more effectively by providing a wider range of driver offence information.
The commercial driver abstract is used by commercial drivers for employment purposes. An abstract is issued only to the driver or to someone with written permission from the driver to obtain this information.
To request a commercial driver abstract you may:
- Mail your request to:
Manitoba Public Insurance
Driver Records and Suspensions
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4A4
- Go in person to any Service Centre
- Fax 204-954-5357.
There is a $10 fee for this record. Payment options are: certified cheque or money order payable to Manitoba Public Insurance or credit card (VISA or MasterCard). If paying by credit card, please include your card number and expiry date with your request. A request takes up to five business days to process if mailed or faxed.
If you require further information, telephone 204-985-0980, or toll-free 1-866-323-0543.
The commercial driver abstract includes all of the information on a non-commercial driver abstract, plus:
- a five-year history of convictions under:
- The Highway Traffic Act and/or The Drivers and Vehicles Act;
- The Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992 (Canada);
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulation;
- The Dangerous Goods Handling and Transportation Act;
- The Anhydrous Ammonia Handling and Transport Regulation;
- Dangerous Goods Handling and Transportation Regulation;
- Generator Registration and Carrier Licensing Regulation;
- The Manifest Regulation;
- Drivers Hours of Service Regulation;
- Periodic Mandatory Vehicle Inspection Regulation;
- Securement of Vehicle Loads Regulation,
- Vehicle Weights and Dimensions on Classes of Highways Regulation; and,
- Commercial Motor Vehicle and Trailer Trip Inspection Regulation,
- National Safety Code Hours of Service suspensions